Spiritomb is available in Pokemon GO again with the Halloween 2023 event! Spiritomb can only be obtained once a year. We wanted you to know that the Halloween 2023 quest line is currently available.
The guide will also tell you how to obtain Shiny Spiritomb at the Halloween event in 2023.
Spiritomb Limited Research
Spiritomb Event Exclusive Timed Research will be available between October 19, 2023, at 10:00am and October 31, 2023, at 8:00pm. This research focuses on Spiritomb and its 108 spirit. This research will earn you encounters with Ghost-type Pokemon and the rare Spiritomb.
|Earn 1080 Stardust|
|Earn 1080 XP|
|Make 108 Nice Throws|
|Make 108 Curveball Throws|
|Use 108 Berries to help catch Pokémon|
|Earn 10800 XP|
|Spin 8 PokéStops or Gyms|
|Spin 10 PokéStops or Gyms|
Shiny Spiritomb – How to get it
After completing Timed Research, you will receive a Shiny Spiritomb as a random event. Shiny Spiritombs are only 1 out of 64 times (*).. This is the comparison between Shiny and regular Spiritomb.
|Regular Spiritomb||Shiny Spiritomb|
* According to The Silph Research Group, 96% of the data is accurate.
Spiritombs in Pokemon Go
Spiritomb made its debut in 2018, via the Special Research Line A Spooky Message, which gave us the first chance ever to capture this Ghost-type Pokémon. Spiritomb made his debut in a limited Special Research line that was based heavily on Spiritomb’s Pokedex.
The number 108 was featured in two quests of the Spooky message chain, since Spiritomb is described as “a Pokemon formed from 108 spirits” on its Pokedex. The fissure of an Odd Keystone is where it’s bound.
Spiritomb has been available since the early 1990s.
- In the years following 2018’s Halloween event, and then 2019’s repeat of Spiritomb’s quest line, Niantic decided to change this around.
- In 2020 Spiritomb came back with a bombastic shiny Spiritomb debut, and was available in Field Research tasks from PokéStops, so you could grind to your hearts content.
- During October 2021 Spiritomb was available the whole month, via the field research tasks Catch 18 ghost/dark types.
- However, in 2022 we’ve only been able to get a single Spiritomb, and it was locked behind a paywall, as a reward for completing the $5USD Halloween timed research.
We are happy at this stage that Spiritomb does not have a paywall and is part of the Timed Research Quest Line, which is free to all.
Halloween 2023, Part 1
The Halloween 2023 part 1 event in Pokemon GO is now running. It runs from Thursday October 19, 2023 10:00 AM to Thursday October 26, 2023 10:00 AM.
During the time of this update, Pokemon GO is experiencing:
- Greavard debuts, alongside shiny Phantump. Both Pokémon families are available and spawning in larger numbers than usual
- Spiritomb Timed Research is available for free, and a paid Timed Research is available featuring a special Halloween pose
- Trainers get additional Candy and Candy XL rewards for catching Pokémon with Nice, Great, and Excellent Throws
- Additional Candy and Candy XL for hatching Pokémon Eggs
- Halloween themed Pokémon appear more frequently in the wild
Check out our pokemon go account buy